2011 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
* Thirty-seven percent of recent home buyers were first-time buyers, a drop from 50 percent in 2010.
* The typical buyer was 45-years-old, a jump from 39-years-old in 2010.
* The 2010 median household income of buyers was $80,900. The median income was $62,400 among first-time buyers and $96,600 among repeat buyers.
* Sixty-four percent of recent home buyers were married couples- the highest share since 2001. Eighteen percent of recent home buyers were single females?the lowest share since 2004.
* For 27 percent of recent home buyers, the primary reason for the recent home purchase was a desire to own a home.